What is sleep? Why is it so important? Sleep is characterized by unconsciousness and state of rest in which there is almost inhibition of all voluntary muscles and all sensory activities. Sleep is opposite of wakefulness characterized by greater interaction with surroundings and more activation of voluntary muscles and sensory abilities. You may have studied different terms related to sleep like REM and non-REM sleep.
What is REM and non-REM? Let’s take a glance over these two terms first!
- REM: REM stands for rapid eye movement.( dreaming phase)
- Non-REM: non rapid eye movement (non dreaming phase)
You experience these two phases while you are having a sleep. Well, this topic isn’t our subject of interest. We are here to deliver you some excellent piece of information about healthy sleeping habits. It is an observed fact that generally people specifically our youth don’t take proper sleep. We are living in a world of problems and issues. We have to work like robots. Though, we are working like machines, it never means we are machines. God has created our system and working mechanism in extremely unique way.
Insomnia why I am the victim!
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder in which a person isn’t able to have proper and deep sleep. This condition is caused by various factors like depression, anxiety, blue moods etc. You may have observed this issue while taking some medication as a side effect. Well, those people who suffer from this state of restlessness are usually recommended to see the doctors at once.
Usually doctors prescribe some sedative and hypnotics in insomnia. Honestly speaking we recommend you to adopt some natural ways before going for medication. We can never deny the power of medication and doctors in curing any disorder. But, natural remedies and ways have separate importance and taste. So, if you are one of those suffering from state of restlessness and insomnia you must try following simple ways before going for the tough medication.
- Stop having caffeinated drinks like tea, coffee and cold drinks after 3:00 pm. If you are not even a patient of insomnia these drinks will lead you to become a patient.
- Take a glass of milk before going to bed. Constituents in milk including magnesium give an amazing calming effect on your nervous system
- Never take alcohol before going to sleep. We have observed people saying – alcohol gives us a peaceful and deep sleep. Yes! It does. But just after 30-50 minutes of your deep and peaceful sleep this alcohol starts activating your nervous system and disturbs your whole mind set up.
- Turn off your cell phone, T.V laptops and computer systems before going to bed. Read some newspaper or book before going to bed. You can also enjoy some light and slow music while sleeping
- Never stress yourself like – I am going to sleep yes I am going to sleep. Okay! I am just sleeping… no! You don’t need you to create so much dramatic stuff before going to sleep. Just relax yourself and think about some nice and peaceful stuff
- Keep the temperature and environment of your room in an excellent state. Dim light, light and slow music and light scented fragrance all around a perfect match for a calm sleep!
Just breaking some bad habits and adopting good habits lead you to have a healthy life style… be natural and stay healthy!